Great Salterns Golf Course-Local Rules
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27)
a) All land beyond the boundaries of the course.
b) At the 1st, the ground beyond the line of white posts on the right & left hand sides.
c) At the 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th holes, all ground beyond the boundaries of the course as defined by the line of white posts on the left hand side, and the rear of the 13th and 15th greens.
d) The Golf Driving Range land as defined by the perimeter fence.
e) A ball lying on the path behind the 11th green.
2. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 24-2)
All, benches, hydrants, water pipes, sprinkler heads (and if the sprinkler head is within one club-length and interferes with the line of play. Rule 24.2b applies), inspection covers, shelters, fences, stakes defining water hazards and marker posts are immovable obstructions.
3. GROUND UNDER REPAIR (rule 25-1)
a) Tractor marks, all made up paths, bridges and areas made up with wood chippings.
b) Temporary greens (when out of play).
4. WATER HAZARDS (Rule 26)
The streams, ditches and lake as defined by Red Stakes (lateral water hazards) and Yellow Stakes (water hazards).
5. STONES IN BUNKERS are movable obstructions-Rule 24-1 applies.
6. STAKED TREES
A ball must be dropped within one club-length of the nearest point of relief from staked or tagged trees. Rule 24-2 applies.
7. A free drop is applicable from out of bounds on the left of the 1st fairway when playing any other hole (Rule 24.2)
RULES OF PLAY
1. PLAY can only commence at the 1st, unless permission is given by the Course Officials.
2. SLOW PLAY ((rule 6.7) Players must keep up with the match ahead, or call the match following through.
3. ALL PLAYERS must be in possession of a valid Season or Green Fee Ticket, which must be available for inspection during play.
4. DRESS Shirts MUST be worn at all times.