1. Annual Club and Section subscriptions must be paid before entering competitions.
2. See competition book for individual competition rules.
3. When entering a competition a member must enter their name in the competition book, put the entry fee in an envelope with the entrants name on it and place in the competition box.
Failure to do so will mean disqualification.
4. A player must have at least 4 main club or senior cards returned during the previous twelve months before winning a trophy competition.
5. All competition cards shall be returned by sunset.
6. In the event of a tie in a trophy competition, the play—off shall take place within the following 14 days.
7. In knockout competitions the first named player / pair in the draw is / are responsible for arranging a date for playing off each round within the stipulated time. In the event of a tie not being played by the specified date the player / pair having given the other three playing dates, shall have a walkover.
8. Under no circumstances will an extension of time be granted in knockout matches.
9. No competitor shall play on the course or any part thereof with the exception of the practice area prior to a stroke play competition.
10. All qualifying rounds and trophy competitions will be played over 18 holes.
11. In 11 hole medal competitions 11/18ths.of handicap will be used as stroke allowance.
12. Yellow tees to be used for all competitions.
13. Competition cards can only be marked by a fellow competitor.
14. In competitions where it is necessary to hold a draw, members who have not applied, may only enter the competition, if somebody drops out.
15. All trophy competitions will attract full handicap allowance.
16. Any member of Southsea Golf Club who is over 60, is welcome to participate in the activities of the Seniors Section providing the Annual subscription has been paid.
NOTE :- To obtain a handicap, a member must submit 3 cards marked by a player with a handicap, and who is a member of Southsea Golf Club.
Great Salterns Golf Course-Local Rules
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27)
a) All land beyond the boundaries of the course.
b) At the 1st, the ground beyond the line of white posts on the right & left hand sides.
c) At the 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th holes, all ground beyond the boundaries of the course as defined by the line of white posts on the left hand side, and the rear of the 13th and 15th greens.
d) The Golf Driving Range land as defined by the perimeter fence.
e) A ball lying on the path behind the 11th green.
2. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 24-2)
All, benches, hydrants, water pipes, sprinkler heads (and if the sprinkler head is within one club-length and interferes with the line of play. Rule 24.2b applies), inspection covers, shelters, fences, stakes defining water hazards and marker posts are immovable obstructions.
3. GROUND UNDER REPAIR (rule 25-1)
a) Tractor marks, all made up paths, bridges and areas made up with wood chippings.
b) Temporary greens (when out of play).
4. WATER HAZARDS (Rule 26)
The streams, ditches and lake as defined by Red Stakes (lateral water hazards) and Yellow Stakes (water hazards).
5. STONES IN BUNKERS are movable obstructions-Rule 24-1 applies.
6. STAKED TREES
A ball must be dropped within one club-length of the nearest point of relief from staked or tagged trees. Rule 24-2 applies.
7. A free drop is applicable from out of bounds on the left of the 1st fairway when playing any other hole (Rule 24.2)
RULES OF PLAY
1. PLAY can only commence at the 1st, unless permission is given by the Course Officials.
2. SLOW PLAY ((rule 6.7) Players must keep up with the match ahead, or call the match following through.
3. ALL PLAYERS must be in possession of a valid Season or Green Fee Ticket, which must be available for inspection during play.
4. DRESS Shirts MUST be worn at all times.
Starters Instructions Open Competitions
(Pro-Am Instructions vary from above)
– MOST LOCAL RULES ON BACK OF CARD
– O.O.B. ON 1ST (NOT 6TH)
BEYOND THE WHITE POSTS SURROUNDING THE PRACTICE AREA TO THE RIGHT OF THE 2ND.
– CALL UP HOLES 2nd & 4th
– GUR MARKED WITH WHITE LINES, HAZARDS WITH YELLOW OR RED.
RELIEF MAY BE TAKEN FROM DRAINAGE DITCHES IF THEY ARE NOT GRASSED OVER.
– FENCE ON RIGHT OF 15TH TEE TREATED AS IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTION IF ON 15TH TEE SIDE. NO RELIEF IF ON 16TH FAIRWAY SIDE (DROP AWAY UNDER PENALTY.)
– PROVISIONAL BALLS MAY ONLY BE PLAYED ON 13TH AND 18TH TEES IF BALL MAY BE LOST “OUTSIDE” HAZARD. ————-
– ALWAYS PLAY A PROVISIONAL BALL IF BALL MAY BE LOST TO SAVE TIME. IF S/FORD PICK UP BALL IF YOU CANNOT SCORE.
– R&A RULES APPLY.
– KEEP UP WITH PLAYERS IN FRONT NOT JUST AHEAD OF THOSE BEHIND.
– TOURNAMENT REFEREE IS KEITH BOWEN
– IDENTIFY BALLS TO FELLOW COMPETITORS AND ENSURE THEY ARE MARKED. INTRODUCE YOURSELVES, EXCHANGE CARDS AND ENJOY THE GAME.
PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL
Course Rules and Conditions
Season Tickets – These must be securely retained and should be available foe inspection when playing the course. A start
Green Fees – All green fees to be paid before play commences, the receipt must be retained and available for inspection by the Starter or Marshal when required.
Early Play- In the event of play commencing prior to the opening of the Golf Shop or the presence of the Starter or Marshal, payment must be made to the Marshal when requested or at the Golf Shop upon completion of play.
Starting Point – All general play will commence from the first tee.
Etiquette – All golfers must acquaint themselves with the general etiquette of golf, and abide by the rules.
Competition Tees – These are only to be used when playing in official competitions as agreed by Professional or Marshal.
Dress Code – All golfers are expected to wear appropriate clothing when playing on the Course. Failure to do so may result in being refused permission to play. Shirts must be worn at all times even in hot weather.
Course Marshals – Are employed to ensure that these Rules are complied with and to prevent slow play and hold-ups. All golfers should comply with any of the Marshals requests and anyone who does not, or involves the Marshal in any physical or verbal abuse may be removed from the Course. In the event of persistent misbehavior the Council reserves the right to cancel a Season Ticket.
Ticket must be collected from the Golf Shop by each person before commencing play, to be produced for inspection by the Starter or the Marshal when required.
Southsea Golf Club
Apart from the rules printed on the scorecard the following are also applicable.
Relief-Local rule 3.c (on the score-card) Must be taken in accordance with 25.1. N.B. No relief may be taken from the teeing areas; the ball must be played as it lies.
For all play at this course a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distances only. However, if, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure the conditions that may affect his play (e.g. Gradient, wind speed, temperature), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional functions are actually used.
Any sprinkler head may be treated as an immovable obstruction. This also applies if the sprinkler head is within one clubs length and interferes with the line of play. RULE 24.2.B APPLYS
Please also note the Following:
The Local Rule defining “Tractor Ruts etc” means just that and not areas where a vehicle has driven over it and made a slight impression.
Portsmouth Captain’s Day 1964, Keith Parker driving into office.