1. Annual Club and Section subscriptions must be paid before entering competitions.
2. See competition book for individual competition rules.
3. When entering a competition a member must enter their name in the competition book, put the entry fee in an envelope with the entrants name on it and place in the competition box.
Failure to do so will mean disqualification.
4. A player must have at least 4 main club or senior cards returned during the previous twelve months before winning a trophy competition.
5. All competition cards shall be returned by sunset.
6. In the event of a tie in a trophy competition, the play—off shall take place within the following 14 days.
7. In knockout competitions the first named player / pair in the draw is / are responsible for arranging a date for playing off each round within the stipulated time. In the event of a tie not being played by the specified date the player / pair having given the other three playing dates, shall have a walkover.
8. Under no circumstances will an extension of time be granted in knockout matches.
9. No competitor shall play on the course or any part thereof with the exception of the practice area prior to a stroke play competition.
10. All qualifying rounds and trophy competitions will be played over 18 holes.
11. In 11 hole medal competitions 11/18ths.of handicap will be used as stroke allowance.
12. Yellow tees to be used for all competitions.
13. Competition cards can only be marked by a fellow competitor.
14. In competitions where it is necessary to hold a draw, members who have not applied, may only enter the competition, if somebody drops out.
15. All trophy competitions will attract full handicap allowance.
16. Any member of Southsea Golf Club who is over 60, is welcome to participate in the activities of the Seniors Section providing the Annual subscription has been paid.
NOTE :- To obtain a handicap, a member must submit 3 cards marked by a player with a handicap, and who is a member of Southsea Golf Club.
CONSTITUTION OF THE SENIORS SECTION OF SOUTHSEA GOLF CLUB
(Pursuant of rule 12 and subject to the Rules for the time being for Southsea Golf Club)
1. A Committee consisting of the Captain, the Vice-Captain, the Honorary Secretary, the Treasurer, the Competition Secretary, the Retiring Captain and three elected members shall manage the affairs of the Seniors Section of the Southsea Golf Club.
2. The Captain shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Seniors Section, and his appointment ratified at the following AGM of the Southsea Golf Club.
3. The Vice-Captain, Honorary Secretary, Treasurer and Competition Secretary shall be elected at the AGM of the Seniors Section, and their appointments ratified at the following AGM of the Southsea Golf Club, and they shall hold office until their successors are appointed.
4. Three committee members shall be elected at each AGM of the Section, and their appointments ratified at the following AGM of the Southsea Golf Club. The fourth member will be the previous years Captain of the Section, who automatically serves for one year.
5. The AGM of the Section shall be held on a date during the last two weeks of February, and notices shall be sent to all those entitled to attend, not less than 14 days prior to the date fixed, setting out the date, time and place of the AGM (Seniors Section).
6. A nomination form for Officers and Committee Members shall be posted on the notice board 28 days before the date of the AGM (Seniors Section). A ballot shall be held if there are more nominations than offices available.
7. Any two members of the Section may propose and second another member to serve on the Committee provided the consent of the nominee has first been obtained.
8. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt a member to fill any vacancy on the Committee that may occur.
9. The Captain shall be the Chairman of the Committee and he may vote, and he will, in addition, have a casting vote.
10. An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called by the Committee whenever necessary. The Committee shall be bound to do so on receiving notice signed by ten members of the Seniors Section that they wish to call such a meeting. The notice must state the purpose for calling any such meeting. No minutes shall be read at an Extraordinary General Meeting and no other business may be dealt with, other than that stated on the Agenda.
i) Duties of the Honorary/Secretary.
ii) Duties of the Treasurer.
iii) Duties of the Competition/Secretary.
Appendix 1. JOB DUTIES.
Duties of the Honorary Secretary
The Honorary Secretary shall be responsible for all books, (except the cash book) documents and records of the Senior Section. He shall keep full and accurate records of all meetings and attend to the day to day running of the Section.
He will agree fixture dates with other clubs, and book the dates and times with the golf shop, and will also be responsible for updating the fixture diary on a yearly basis. He will be responsible for organising any social events, and for the purchase of prizes for the yearly Turkey Trots.
He will be a member of the Club Golf Sub – Committee.
An Honorarium may be granted to the Honorary Secretary by the members present at an Annual General meeting in respect of the previously completed year.
Duties of the Treasurer.
The Treasurer shall be responsible for the proper accounting of all monies received by him on behalf of the Section and for the payment of all bills.
He shall keep the accounts of the Section and make up the annual statement of accounts and balance sheet to the last day of December. An abridged version of the accounts will be posted to each member together with the notice of the Annual General Meeting.
An Honorarium may be granted to the Treasurer by the members present at an Annual General Meeting in respect of the previously completed year.
Duties of Competition Secretary.
The Competition Secretary shall be responsible for organising and running all competitions throughout the year. He will be responsible for keeping an accurate record of the results, the accounting of competition monies to the Treasurer. He will closely liaise with the golf shop to ensure sufficient times are available for all competitions, and forward to them copies of the draws when relevant at least 10 days before event.
He will be responsible for updating all trophies, and for the purchase of trophy winners prizes prior to the yearly presentation.
An Honorarium may be granted to the Competition Secretary by the members present at an Annual General Meeting in respect of the previously completed year.
Great Salterns Golf Course-Local Rules
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27)
a) All land beyond the boundaries of the course.
b) At the 1st, the ground beyond the line of white posts on the right & left hand sides.
c) At the 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th holes, all ground beyond the boundaries of the course as defined by the line of white posts on the left hand side, and the rear of the 13th and 15th greens.
d) The Golf Driving Range land as defined by the perimeter fence.
e) A ball lying on the path behind the 11th green.
2. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 24-2)
All, benches, hydrants, water pipes, sprinkler heads (and if the sprinkler head is within one club-length and interferes with the line of play. Rule 24.2b applies), inspection covers, shelters, fences, stakes defining water hazards and marker posts are immovable obstructions.
3. GROUND UNDER REPAIR (rule 25-1)
a) Tractor marks, all made up paths, bridges and areas made up with wood chippings.
b) Temporary greens (when out of play).
4. WATER HAZARDS (Rule 26)
The streams, ditches and lake as defined by Red Stakes (lateral water hazards) and Yellow Stakes (water hazards).
5. STONES IN BUNKERS are movable obstructions-Rule 24-1 applies.
6. STAKED TREES
A ball must be dropped within one club-length of the nearest point of relief from staked or tagged trees. Rule 24-2 applies.
7. A free drop is applicable from out of bounds on the left of the 1st fairway when playing any other hole (Rule 24.2)
RULES OF PLAY
1. PLAY can only commence at the 1st, unless permission is given by the Course Officials.
2. SLOW PLAY ((rule 6.7) Players must keep up with the match ahead, or call the match following through.
3. ALL PLAYERS must be in possession of a valid Season or Green Fee Ticket, which must be available for inspection during play.
4. DRESS Shirts MUST be worn at all times.